Sunday, October 7, 2012

Mini Mark History












The Mini Mark was in a family of cars from the visions of DeWayne Creighton. He is also remembered for cars such as the Citation, Sebring, Creighton, Maxi Taxi and Mini Mark. Unfortunately they were well ahead of their time with the designs of these cars and they may have been appreciated more today than they were then. Bremen Composites as it is known now was founded in 1965 developing dune buggies in a chicken coup. Throughout the 70's and 80's Bremen expanded their automotive line in both kit form and factory built turn key production models. From what I have learned the Mini Mark was factory built conversion with just a few kitted to contractors (I know of three currently, one in Ohio, Illinois and in Kansas.). There was a fire at the Bremen plant in 1975 but the company rebuilt, ending car production in 1984 when DeWayne took a new job opportunity. 

Today, the current Bremen Composites operates out of five separate plants, including a full service paint facility, located on a 19 acre complex in the Bremen Industrial Park.  Some of the industries  currently serviced by Bremen Composites are van and truck conversions, truck aftermarket, commercial truck and trailer, RV, marine and other industrial markets.

Any additional information on the plant or the car would be greatly appreciated to share with other owners on this blog and preserve a bit of valuable history.

There was a Owners Manual for the Mini Mark. I have a complete manual which I will share with anyone who requests it. It looks to be a combination of a VW manual with inserts fro  Bremen.

22 comments:

  1. Have a mini mark and need a bumper. where do I find one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bumpers are a problem, there were 3 different styles and I have yet to find any of them anywhere. If you still have you can re-chrome, and possibly have straightened.
      Tim

      Delete
  2. Very nice site. My neighbor has a 1984 Mini Mark that is in Great condition, has always been garaged. It is on a 1974 VW Frame. Has Hard Top, and Convertible Kit. I think it was mostly used in parades. It has a towbar that you can pull it behind a vehicle. He is looking to sell it. The car has been completely gone over the past year. It has all the extras on it and everything works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. would like to see,could you put us in touch through this website

      Delete
  3. Also very interested if it's still available - am in Bradenton, Fl and so would prefer A/C
    Call Jo 941/739-5056

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the site. We purchased, July 15, 2015, a 1983 Bremen Mini Mark, cream color, brown hardtop and cream soft top. Bought here in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Had to get out of province inspection with only two minor repairs. Car has been appraised as excellent - probably as none in Canada that he knew of, and it does not have a mark on it. It came from Arizona, as had the number on it. Just love the car, and wish I could get more information on the makers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How can I get a copy of the Owners Manual mentioned on this page.
    My neighbor has a 1965 and he could use a copy.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  6. where can we get a key made for this vehicle, I have a 1984

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to have a copy of the owner's manual. My email is micknrhoda@gmail.com.

    I am not sure of the year my Mini Mark was made, but the engine is a 1971. I read your info on the early, mid and late model builds. This one seams to be built in the middle.

    Thanks,

    Mickey Hamilton

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a 1980 Mini Mart and I am looking for the specs on the different chassis they made. Also I would sure like to find any info of owners manual or any info. My contact info lstrahan48@sbcglobal.net THANKS Larry Strahan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes! It would be great if you could share.
    The pics look exactly like mine. Title says its a 1982.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michael, if you send me your email I will forward the owners manual

      Delete
  10. I would love to get a copy of the owners manual if you don`t mind. I have a 1967 maxi taxi. is this the same as the mini mark? I know mine is made in Bremen Indiana. It does have the tag on the front. my email address is rphelps68@yahoo.com.

    ReplyDelete
  11. my name is William fry. I would love to have a owners manual for my Mini Mark. I do not know the year as my daughter has the paperwork and not sure where it is. Have owned it for 25 years, it came from York pa. vw repair shop had it.
    thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi I would like to find new door hinges for my 1980 mini mark anyone could help I would be grateful

    ReplyDelete
  13. Would love to have a copy of the owners manual. Currently fixing the one my grandfather left my mom. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Please email me a copy of the manual. Currently rebuilding one. Thank you. M_gadlage@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would also like a copy of the manual. I have a 1970 Mini Mark

    ReplyDelete
  16. just bought my 81 mini mark love it oniy has 5666 original miles runs perfect

    ReplyDelete
  17. I also am looking for a copy the owner manual aswell. I've had mine in garage for over 30 yrs 1981 yellow hard top.. I'm trying to get it back on the road..does anyone know where I can get a copy my email is desilesharris@gmail.com
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  18. Please send me a copy, I just picked up a Mini Mark, Burgundy metal flake,, late production run,,, Thanks, Please send it to madapple@smithville.net

    ReplyDelete