Sunday, January 20, 2013

The Chrome is Back!





I closed the last post ready to pick up my chrome, so Saturday I took the trip to Sterling, IL and Quality Chrome Plating. Gary did an AWESOME job on the bumpers and grille. A completely different look than when I took them off a few years ago. The grille went back on first, re-tapped all the holes and then mounted the new Wonder Woman ornament. Before the car went to paint I had located the original Lincoln Mark grille inserts, replacing the honeycomb plastic factory units. I like the look. After making new brackets to hold the grille in place, I moved on to the bumpers. Making thin rubber pads to go between the "footballs" and the bumper, I then tightened down the bolts and flawlessly the bumpers were in place. Remember I had made support brackets for the front bumper brackets to give it more stability and they worked just fine.




No comments:

Post a Comment